Friday, January 6, 2006

Can I get a AMEN?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thank God or whoever that the holidays are over. If I eat one more piece of fudge or rice crispy treat, I think I'l fucking explode. I really have nothing more to say. But rambling is my specialty, so here goes:

Lately I have been so starved for new music. Is it just me or does music suck more now than it did in the late 80's? I mean, let's consider all the rapid advances in techonology since say 1989. Basically Ipod's and MP3's make it easier than ever to listen to the music you want. But I've definitely turned my back on new music to listen to old stuff again. I went through a soul music stage, collected about 10 CD's then before I lost internet service I started getting into the "cool as folk" station on yahoo messenger. Being a shitty guitarist myself I've always appreciated folkie music or any type of music that included guitars. But I miss rock music. Someone had to explain to me what the hell EMO was. Am I the only one that doesn't get the distinction between that and various other forms of hard rock music. So many clones out there, I don't hear a distinctive rock voice. I hear a lot of bands that sound like blink 182 and bands that took over Creed's shlock rock place. Maybe I am just being too lazy to look so hard to find music that doesn't make me wanna ram a pencil into each eardrum. Maybe I've just reached that age that I don't give a shit about new music anymore. Probably a little of both.

I wanna be sedated.....

-D.

No comments: