Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Chase VISA sucks.

Ok so yeah, as my blog has reflected late last year I got behind on a lot of my bills. Well I finally started a slow recovery when my roommate moved in mid-November. After the holidays I was in good shape and everything appeared to be caught up. I was even able to buy gifts for the children in my family. Well then I received my January Chase statement and my minimum payment was about 8 times what it normally is. I always pay online so I still have my statements and can view the stubs. I knew I'd paid on time because I'd had trouble getting everything paid for 2-3 months and was trying my best to avoid more late fees. So I looked at my statements and realized that I'd paid $1 short on my December statement. I know this was my bonehead mistake, but thought wow it was a $1 seemed hardly fair $1 should end up costing me $74. So I called them up and they wouldn't waive it referencing the "cardmember" agreement. I work in customer service I waive fees and charges every day but she wouldn't budge. After working 10 hours I wasn't ready to start a fight with the poor slug who answered the phones. So I figured I'd bitch about it on here.

I feel like MIchael Douglas in that movie Falling Down. Was that the one where he just fucking loses it and takes a baseball bat to the Fast Food restaurant when they wouldn't serve him breakfast five minutes after the cut off time? This has put me in a bad mood because I've already sent my normal minimum payment this month on time and can't afford to come up with the difference they're asking for until I get paid again. Which means I'll probably have to pay another $74 on top of the already exorbitent (sp?) $74 charges. I think I feel steam coming out of my ears. Just another example of corporate America sticking it to the honest workin man.

Takin' what they givin', cuz I'm working for a livin'....

-D

PS: I'll give your blog kudos if you can name the song and artist of my ending lyrics.

No comments: