Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 17 - Don't Alter My Altar

2009 - 365 - 17

I'm ready! We went out last night. First to our friend Tracy's surprise birthday party. We were late so we missed the big surprise but still hung out for a few hours and enjoyed ourselves. Then we took off to Rock Island Brewing Company aka RIBCO to see William Elliott Whitmore. He was great to see live. But there was a large and very noisy crowd there. He was nearing the end of his set when I turned to Julie and said " Let's go! I can't stand this crowd any more" There was a table of people behind us that kept yelling at the top of their lungs like they were at a rock concert or sporting event. Not appropriate for an intimate acoustic blues/bluegrass/country show. This is probably one of the many reasons why artists bypass doing shows in the Quad Cities. Maybe it's because the people here focus more on getting wasted than enjoying new music. So we missed the end of his set but I got to hear most of my favorites from his album Song Of The Blackbird. If you haven't heard of him, check him out here:

www.williamelliottwhitmore.com/


No comments: