Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 5 - Dusty B. Demented

Boredom turned this photo out. It kinda scares me a little. The title was borrowed from the John Waters movie Cecil B. Demented. The sad thing is, I've never seen it. I just thought I looked a little demented so that popped into my mind. I didn't even know it was a movie & character. I thought maybe it was a real person from the early days of hollywood. Perhaps a silent film star. Boy was I wrong. LOL.

Here are a few memorable one liners lifted from IMDB.

"Nobody here but us whackers."

"Power to the people who punish bad cinema!" (only a line John Waters would write)

"Demented Forever"

"Tell me about Mel Gibson's dick and balls!"

"Pain is pleasure! Slavery is freedom! Suicide for Satan!"

"Hi, I'm Raven, I'm a Satanist and I'll be doing your make-up."

"Family is just a dirty word for censorship."

When I edited the photo I was going for a graphic novel/ KMFDM cover art type feel. I've rediscovered KMFDM. I had friends back in the early 90's that absolutely loved them. Back then I was into the whole Seattle grunge rock thing. So industrial/horror/techno music w/graphic sexual content really wasn't my taste. Obviously things have changed. Now KMFDM is like light at the end the forgettable music tunnel. Give it a listen. Industrial music that didn't turn into total noise.

No comments: