Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3 - Gluttony

2009 - 365 - 03


"Midway upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark,
For the straightforward pathway had been lost...."


I have become somewhat obsessed with the seven deadly sins. I've always been a big fan of the movie Se7en, starring Morgan Freeman & Brad Pitt. Then about a year ago I came across Dante's Inferno at a local bookstore. I'm not much of a reader/intellectual so tackling this classic Italian epic poem probably wasn't the best choice. But I bought it anyway. I was right. I didn't have the patience to sit, read, & comprehend it upon purchase. But after spotting these 7 deadly sins T-shirts at Macy's in Minneapolis this summer, my interest in learning more about the sins was renewed. With a Midwestern winter in full force, I have plenty of free time. So I've picked up the book again as a way to take a break from the online world where I spend WAY too many hours. Check back to see the other shirts and maybe even some drawings I find. I'm putting serious thought into incorporating the sins into a tattoo design. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: